Hi, I’m Tate Lounsbery. I represent clients falsely accused of child abuse in criminal cases, restraining orders, and administrative hearings, including Child Abuse Central Index (CACI) Grievance Hearings. Why do I help defend the falsely accused? Because:
- I’m a limited-government kind of guy.
- I believe that it was the Creator (as opposed to the government) who endowed all men with unalienable rights, as stated in the Declaration of Independence.
- I believe that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights exist to prevent the government from taking away those rights given to us by the Creator.
- I believe that the powers of the government derive exclusively from the consent of the governed, as stated in the Declaration of Independence.
- I believe that we are not as accountable to our government, as our government is accountable to us.
- I believe that if the government accuses someone of committing a crime and wishes to take away that person’s rights based on that accusation, the government had better be able to prove with a surety that that person did in fact commit that crime.
- I believe that an essential characteristic of a democracy or republic is the ability and willingness of the citizenry to hold the government accountable to them.
Therefore, I fight to keep the government accountable to us.
More About Me. I Am:
- The author of several books, including “Winning Strategies in DUI Defense“, “Fighting Your Criminal Case: A Serious Response to Serious Charges”, and “Win Your Child Abuse Central Index Grievance Hearing”. I am also awaiting the publishing of a 3rd book tentatively titled “Neglectful or Neglected?” that will guide other lawyers who have never handled a CACI case before. (I get a lot of calls from lawyers across California asking me for advice on CACI matters.)
- 1 of a limited number of San Diego lawyers invited to be a full member of the exclusive The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
- A recipient of the “Superb” 10 out of 10 rating by Avvo (a site that rates lawyers on their expertise, experience, ethics, etc.).
- 1 of only 3 DUI defense lawyers in the state of California (and the only one in San Diego County) to be awarded Forensic Sobriety Assessment Certification.
- 1 of a limited number of California attorneys who is qualified by the federal government (NHTSA) to administer Standardized Field Sobriety Tests.
- Regularly invited to speak on California child abuse laws by respected organizations, including: Association of California School Administrators, Healthcare Financial Management Association, California Head Start Association, California Association of Supervisors of Child Welfare and Attendance, and California Association of Joint Powers Authorities.
- A Legal Presenter to other attorneys on issues such as legal ethics in connection with client representation and communication.
Enough About Me, Let’s Talk About You
- You should be diligently looking for an attorney who: 1) will explain the law to you in an easy-to-understand way, 2) will seek your involvement in your case as a team member , and 3) will keep you updated as to the status of your case.
- You should want to create a working partnership with your lawyer so you can share with him everything you know about your case. In turn, your lawyer will share all the legal information that will be important for you to understand as you go through the court process. You should find a lawyer who will work with you as a team to maximize your opportunity to achieve your goals.
- You should look for a lawyer who offers premium legal services to a selective clientele. You don’t want any lawyer who represents anyone and everyone…because you are not just anyone and you certainly aren’t everyone.
- You should only choose a lawyer whose goals and commitment match our own. You want someone who’s all in.
If you find this mentality and attitude appealing, please contact me. Please only contact me if this sounds like to you. But before you call, I invite you to soak up as much information as you can on this website. Read my ebooks and learn everything you can about how I operate. Then, iIf you feel that we would work well together, please contact me to schedule a legal strategy session in one of my offices.